Online dating can be fun and full of possibilities around each corner but before you jump into online dating for chatting andemail replying to potentional dates here are 10 great rules you should abid by: It could have been a recent breakup and ended relationship thathave left you with a feeling of loneliness, sadness and lack of self confidence. Or you chould have experiencea recent change such as divorce, graduting collage or moving to a different city but no matter what the circumstance may be it's just sometimes hard to meet new people in person. Here lies the world of online dating where possiblies are endless! Meeting people from any country, any race and location is a click away however there are some do's and dont's to pay attentionto that everyone should know:
1. Make Sure To Plan ahead. Determine your goals first help accomplish a successful date. Are you looking for a weekend fling? A one nite stand? Something more serious and trying to find Mr. or Ms. right? By knowning what exactly what you want to do you'll help minimize hurting the feelings of others or find yourself picking up piecing of another person's failed relationship.
2. Ask your friends Online dating and chat rooms are standard tools for people of all walks of life looking for love or a little fun. Ask your friends what sites have worked for them in the past. Trust the opinions of those you already know rather than choosing a service at random.
3. Take your time, start slowYou may need to spend some time in chat rooms, email correspondence, or even via the telephone before you feel comfortable enough to meet someone. Take your time - there is no rush! Enjoy the processand embrace the excitement.
4. Be TruthfulIf you really want to experience success with online dating, you must be honest. While you cannot control the actions of others, maintaining accountability to yourself will thwart the temptation to attach someone else's picture to your profile or lie about your past.
5. Be organized and prioritize Online dating can be overwhelming. It's a lot easier to browse profiles of individuals that you know are looking for a relationship than to strike up a conversation with someone at the bar. Choose a few of the most interesting profiles, take notes, and limit yourself to corresponding with them at first. You can always look again if they don't work out, and this will avoid too much activity and confusing emotions.
6. Everything you read isn't always trueIf he or she sounds too good to be true, it's very possible that you're looking at a bad egg. Take your time getting to know someone. Check their story. If you have arrived to the point where personal information has been revealed, there are ways you can verify details. If a person claims they work at the local community college, you can check the phone directory fortheir name. Public record is a valuable resource!
7. Chat room etiquette That old adage "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" still applies to onlinedating. Chat rooms often give people a sense of invincibility. When the fingers start flying, things tend to move fast and have the potential to get steamy. Stop. Think. Ifyou wouldn't say it to a complete stranger face-to-face, don't sayit at all.
8. Paid online dating service aren't bad Websites that charge for entering chat rooms or making an online dating profile may turn you off at first glance. You might feel embarrassed or afraid to shell out hard earned money to a dating website; however, you can rest assured that if someone is willing to make the investment it costs to participate in online dating circles, it's possible that they are very serious and willing to go the extra mile for you!
9. Be available Don't have access to the internet everyday? This might cause problems in the online dating world. Those who try this method of socialization like to think they'll receive quick responses. Be available, consider setting aside a specifictime to spend in the chat room, and respond to emails in a timely fashion. Otherwise, you might find your potentials losing interest.10. Keep safety in mindat all timesWhen you've gathered your confidence and found somebody you want to meet face-to-face, remember that you don't know what to expect. Meet in a public place. Drive your own car so that you can maintain control ofyour environment, and leave if you feel uncomfortable. Even if the first date leads to a second, or third, keepin mind that you've only just met, and there is no need to rush.