Alexa is an Amazon.com company which ranks websites on the Internet according to a system of their own. The way it works is very simple, Alexa accumulates data from all over the Internet via their Alexa toolbar which is installed in millions of computers in the world. So by understanding the users behavior they rank websites on various metrics.
These are the Quick Tips to Increase Your Website Alexa Ranking
1. Install the Alexa toolbar or Firefox’s Search Status extension and set your blog as your homepage. If you work in an office, get everyone in the office to install the toolbar and set your site as their homepage.
2. Put up an Alexa rank widget on your website. I did this a few days ago and receive some clicks every day. According to some, each click counts as a visit even if the toolbar is not used by the visitor.
3. Write or Blog about Alexa. Webmaster and bloggers love to hear about ways to increase their Alexa rank. They’ll link to you and send you targeted traffic (i.e. visitors with the toolbar already installed). This gradually has effects on your Alexa ranking.
4. Use your URL as signature in forums and social media sites. This will naturally increase human traffic to your site and that will surely increase your ranking. This will naturally increase human traffic to your site and that will surely increase your ranking.
5. Get listed on as many search engines as possible. I learnt that if a blog gets a free listing in DMOZ then it will get a lot of traffic since it is the largest human edited directory on the web. Goodluck!