Search Here

Custom Search

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Boko Harram Suicide Bombers receives N10 Million each


AS a way of stemming the growing security menace of the Boko Haram sect, the Federal Government  is said to have approved the establishment of a new tact team within the Department of State Security Service (SSS), sources have confirmed.
Sources further confirmed that findings by the top brass of the administration further revealed the recruitment procedure of suicide bombers being used to prosecute suicide attacks so far carried out in the country.
Investigations by the Nigerian Tribune confirmed that a fee of N10 million is being used as a bait to recruit each suicide bomber used in  the attacks so far.
The Boko Haram sect has so far lost three of its suicide attackers in three different attacks in Abuja and
Maiduguri.
While the first suicide bomber died in the attack on Force Headquarters, Abuja, the second was shot dead before he could ram his vehicle into the Police Command Headquarters in Maiduguri, Borno State three weeks ago. Another suicide bomber was involved in the blast at the UN House in Abuja. The attack has so far led to the death of 24 persons.
Sources confirmed that the government was already in possession of reports which indicated that the leaders of the Boko Haram sect had been paying heavily for services rendered by the suicide bombers.
It was learnt that apart from the indoctrination processes which the suicide bombers underwent, they were also assured of huge financial rewards for their families when they might have gone.
Though a source in the administration said that operatives were still working on some of the finite details uncovered during  the recent arrest of a kingpin of the sect, it was gathered that the figure being paid out had been put in the region of N10 million.
A source quipped at the discovery: "The question that is being raised is what is the source of such funding? Why would somebody put down such money to take the lives of innocent people? What is the motivation for such venture? Is Nigeria fighting a war of independence?"
Sources further told the Nigerian Tribune that the State Security Service (SSS) appeared to have been hampered in years past by inability to enforce some of its findings and that the tact team would help in that regard.
It was also gathered that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) could be called upon to provide some assistance as regards the funding processes and movement of funds.
The source added that following the threats, the armed forces procured some additional equipment to screen and search people and vehicles coming to their headquarters.
Meanwhile, detectives from the United States of America and the United Kingdom are working round the clock to ascertain the type of explosives that were detonated and the country where they are likely to have come from, just as armed forces have procured some additional equipment to screen and search people and vehicles coming to their headquarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly Drop your comments to know how you feel, Thanks

Visits

Share

Infolinks